Chart Cottage was built at the start of Queen Victoria’s reign in the 1830’s as the headmasters accommodation of the village school. It is now owned by the Rattenbury family who are direct descendants of the famous Beer smuggler, Jack Rattenbury.
Chart Cottage Self Catering Accommodation for up to six people in the heart of Beer Village less than 10 minutes walk from the beach.
Chart Cottage Accommodation.
With King size bed, walk in wardrobe and new en–suite bathroom with shower, wash hand basin and low level toilet.
Double bedroom with king size bed and fitted wardrobe. The bed can be converted from a king size double into twin beds if required. New en-suite bathroom with shower, wash hand basin and low level toilet.
Twin bedroom with two two foot six beds and fitted wardrobe. New en–suite wet room with shower, wash hand basin and low level toilet.
The newly decorated lounge has retained its period character with beamed ceilings and a stone inglenook fireplace and electric log effect stove. There is a spacious sitting area with two new settees facing a wide screen TV with DVD player.
The Dining area has a beech dining table and is big enough to seat six.
Off the Lounge/Dining Area there is a fitted kitchen with double oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and washing machine. A door from the kitchen leads to a small courtyard with washing line.
There is a paved front sunny courtyard with table and six chairs for al fresco dining.
Chart Cottage is 600 yards from the picturesque Beer beach which can easily be walked in under 10 minutes.
The Village shops in Fore Street are 300m to 500m away with six Pubs and Restaurants, Art galleries, Cafés and a selection of shops and post office all within easy walking distance.
The X53 CoastLinx bus service which travels the world famous Jurassic Coast Line from Exeter to Poole can be caught in the centre of the village.
- The historic city of Exeter the County Capital of Devon is 21 miles away.
- Lyme Regis with its Harbour featuring the renowned Cobb is 8 miles away.
- Sidmouth with its Georgian architecture and ‘folk week’ is 9 miles away.
- Seaton with its mile long beach, level Esplanade and greater selection of shops including two supermarkets is 2 miles away.
Booking Chart Cottage.
For prices call us Direct on : 01297 552979. Mobile – 07768 080458
or contact us by E-mail at:–
Free Off – street parking for one car 35 yards away and additional free parking for a second car 150 yards away.
- 20% deposit required on booking. Remainder six weeks in advance.
- Bookings made less than six weeks in advance must be paid in full.
- An additional £50 returnable deposit for breakages and return of the parking pass and keys is required on all bookings.
Off season three day breaks available. Please call or e–mail for details and prices of special breaks and promotions.
- Bed linen and towels included. Beach towels not supplied.
- Chart Cottage is unsuitable for very small children due to steep stairs.
- Regret no pets.
- Non –smoking in the cottage.